Despite being a step up from traditional cooking fuels, piped gas is only available in about 72 lakh households in India. It seems a lot, but when you factor in the total number of households in the country, which stands at 27 crores, it doesn’t make for great reading. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) is more common and used by a massive percentage of households even today. While a lot of different companies provide LPG, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (Bharat Gas Connection) is the preferred option for many.
It is a government entity, whose LPG product is commonly referred to as Bharat Gas. The cooking fuel is present inside a cylinder, which you can buy either offline or online. The company has launched “eBharat Gas,” an online initiative through which customers can register, apply for, and track their LPG orders in order to provide faster service.
How do you apply for a Bharat Gas Connection Online and Offline?
If you need a new Bharat Gas connection, you can apply for it offline or online. Irrespective of what you choose, you will:
- Necessarily need to register your mobile or landline number with your local Bharat Gas distributor. There’s always one in a locality.
- Need to download the registration form online, if you choose the only route, or visit the nearest distributor or office and collect the application form from there.
- Need to submit the filled application form. You will then be notified regarding your registration.
Here’s How to Apply for a New Bharat Gas Connection Online:
- Visit the Bharat Gas official website and register yourself as a new customer.
- You’ll see a “new user” option on the home page. Click on that to begin the registration process. Furnish the required details, such as your name and mobile number.
- Registering your mobile number with Bharat Gas is mandatory. If you haven’t done that, do so by downloading the registration form, filling in the required details, and submitting it.
- You will receive an SMS in a few days, along with your login details. This confirms your registration. You can now use it to access your making bookings.
- Use the login details to sign in to your account. Now select the “new domestic LPG connection” option.
- An online form will appear. Fill it with the requested details. Once you have entered everything, hit the “submit” button.
- Some supporting KYC documents, such as your passport, Aadhaar card, and driving license, must now be uploaded. Alternatively, you can choose to submit them to your nearest gas distributor.
- Now all you have to do is wait. You will receive regular updates on the status of your application online, and once it is done, you’ll receive a notification that it has been registered.
Here’s How to Apply for a New Bharat Gas Connection Offline:
- This process requires a bit of legwork. First, you’ll have to visit your nearest Bharat Gas dealer or office and collect an application form from there. Search for your nearest Bharat Gas online if you do not know where it is.
- Once you have the form, fill it with the correct details. Submit the form along with the required KYC documents.
- That completes the process. You will receive a call within a day or two confirming your request, and your application will be processed shortly after that.
Documents required for a New Bharat Gas Connection:
You must provide certain documents with your application form when applying for a new Bharat Gas connection, whether offline or online. These documents, also known as KYC (Know Your Customer) documents, are used to confirm your identity and address. The following are the documents that must be submitted:
- Proof of Address (POA)
- Proof of Identity (POI)
- Passport size Photograph
Documents required for Proof of Address (POA):
When applying for a new Bharat Gas connection, any of the following documents can be used as Proof of Address (POA):
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- House Registration Document
- Aadhaar Card (UID)
- Lease Agreement
- Telephone/Electricity/Water Bill
- Self Declaration attested by Gazette Officer (Your Address, declared by a Gazetted Officer)
- Flat Allotment/Possession Letter
- LIC Policy
- Bank/Credit Card Statement
Documents required for Proof of Identity (POI):
When applying for a new Bharat Gas connection, any of the following documents can be used as Proof of Identity (POI):
- Aadhaar (UID)
- PAN Card Number
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- ID issued by State/Central Government
Procedure to book Bharat Gas:
You can start booking for Bharat Gas Connection after you’ve filled out the necessary paperwork and registered. The step-by-step process for Bharat Gas Booking is as followed:
- By logging into your Bharat Gas account and selecting the “booking” option, you can make a reservation online.
- Fill in the requested information, such as the delivery date and time, and submit the form.
- You will get a confirmation of your reservation.
Bharat Gas LPG Subsidy
You can take advantage of the LPG gas subsidy scheme by the Indian Government. This is dependent on meeting the subsidy’s eligibility standards.
Registering for LPG Subsidy through Aadhaar Card:
You can connect your Aadhaar card to your bank account, and the subsidy will be deposited directly into your account.
To apply for the subsidy, you must have the following information:
- Aadhaar Card (UID)
- Bank details like your name, account number and IFSC/MICR code.
Registering for LPG Subsidy without Aadhaar Card:
If you do not have an Aadhaar card, you can give your bank account information to your nearest Bharat Gas supplier, who will provide you with an acknowledgement slip. You must also have the “PAHAL” subsidy form, which can be obtained from the supplier or downloaded from the official site.