In an effort to increase the importance and impact of corporate social responsibility (CSR), the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, under the guidance of the Government of India, launched the Self4Society (Main Nahin Hum) platform. But, what is it and how can you use it to positively impact society? Let us have a look.
What is Self4Society?
Corporates, through their CSR initiatives, have tried their best to improve society. However, their efforts haven’t exactly paid off, primarily due to the fact that their initiatives weren’t in line with the needs of society. In order to change that, the Government of India launched Self4Society in 2018. The digital platform was created to help electronics and IT corporations channel their CSR efforts in the right direction.
The web and mobile platform can be used by organisations to create their own initiatives under the identified National Causes. The admin portal, which is controlled by the organisation, can create tasks that fall under the National Causes. These tasks are visible to all the employees using the Self4Society app. Depending on their ability, the employees can show their willingness to volunteer.
How can organisations be part of Self4Society?
Organisations, as well as employees, must first register themselves on Self4Society before embarking on a task. In this section, we will see how organisations can be part of Self4Society.
- Enroll your organisation on the Self4Society’s official portal.
- After completing all the formalities, you will be given your organisation’s join code.
- Send these to all your employees.
- Then, select the National Cause of your interest. Options include: Furthering Digital Literacy, Women and Child Empowerment, Financial Inclusion, Social Security, Creating a Swachh Bharat, and Small Business Enablement.
- Once you’ve picked the National Cause, submit the details of the initiative you’re planning. It could be anything, from holding an educational course to cleaning the beach. Enter the date, time, venue, and organizer’s details.
- The initiative will be created. Now, carry the QR code to the venue on the day of the initiative and tell your employees to scan the code.
- Also, encourage your employees to contribute whatever way they can to these initiatives.
How can employees be part of Self4Society?
Employees can also take part in improving society through Self4Society. Here is how you can use the platform.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store and download the Self4Society app. Ensure that you do not download the wrong app.
- If your organisation is using the Self4Society portal for CSR initiatives, they will have a code. Ask them for it. When you have code, use it to login to the app.
- Depending on the initiatives listed by your organisation, you will see a few different options. Choose the initiative which appeals to you and fits well with your goals.
- After you’ve decided the initiative you want to contribute to, volunteer in it. You will get all the details of the date, time, and venue of the initiative. Reach the location on the mentioned day and mark your presence by scanning the QR code.
Wrapping it up
The Self4Society (Main Nahin Hum Scheme) is expected to bring about a change and act as a catalyst towards the service of weaker sections of society through the medium of technology. The portal, being an interactive and innovative one, is able to bring about greater and wider participation of people who are motivated to work for the benefit of society.
Society flourishes only when people come together as one and makes change happen. Through this integration scheme, the government aims to bring people together in a collective spirit and see plans towards fruition.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. What does the Join Code entail?
Ans: A Join Code is an 8-digit alphanumeric code that is unique to each of an organization’s campuses. To log in to the Self4Society App for the employee experience, employees need the organization’s Join Code. The Join Code will be shared with the organization’s HR/ CSR representative by the Self4Society platform. The HR/CSR representative is in charge of disseminating the Join Code to the company’s employees via internal means.
Use the Join Code HIND2022 if you are not affiliated with an organisation and want to volunteer on your own.
2. What are Goodness Points?
Ans: Goodness Points are a system for rewarding those who volunteer for such Initiatives for the work they have done on the ground. You and your coworkers can be part of the Self4Society App’s Leader board, which showcases the top five contributors in an organisation, by earning more goodness points.
3. How are a Volunteer’s Goodness Points calculated?
Ans: The hours logged by volunteers for each Initiative are recorded in the Self4Society App and utilised to calculate the goodness points.
4. Where should you contact if you have any questions about registering organisations, starting Initiatives, or volunteering for Initiatives?
Ans: Please contact them at the following address:
e-mail: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +91-8448589933 (Timing: 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Saturday)