How to download a license from Digilocker?
Digilocker is a government recognised e-locker that keeps all your important documents safe and sound.
Here is how you can get a copy of your driver’s license from Digilocker.
- Your first step would be to login to Digilocker application
- Once you login, you will see the dashboard load in front of you
- On the dashboard, click on the option, “Get more now.”
- Once you click that, you will see the option of “Search document.”
- The search option will allow you to type “Driving license”
- On clicking, “Driving license”, the information of every state will come in front of you, from which you can choose the transport department of your state.
- As you click on the Driver’s license, you will have to give in some information about your document, like your father’s name/husband’s name, etc, and the driving license number.
- You will get an option to agree on the terms and conditions and click on the option with ‘Get documents.’
- As soon as you click on this option containing the documents, your digital driving licence comes in front of you, which is securely saved in your Digilocker appilcation.
For RC book
In order to get RC book, follow the same procedure as mentioned above, but instead of searching for ‘driver’s license’, you got to search for ‘RC book.’
Your Digilocker has access to all your relevant documents in one place.
For PUC certificate
- Click on the link: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/views/PucCertificate.xhtml
- Enter your registration number on the page that loads in front of you, enter the captcha and click on PUC details.
How to download Vehicle Insurance certificate
To download the Insurance certificate, you would again have to log in to your Digilocker application, select the option of ‘Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.’ Choose your state of residence, enter your registration number, and click on ‘Get Documents.’